The fund seeks capital appreciation by investing at least 80% of its net assets in securities of biotechnology companies and discovery research firms including those involved in fields such as genomics, genetic engineering, and gene therapy, as well as health care, pharmaceuticals and agriculture.
Rating Category: Health
The funds overall Morningstar Rating measures risk-adjusted returns and is derived from a weighted average of the performance figures associated with its 3-, 5- and 10-year (if applicable) rating metrics.
|Years||Ratings|| Funds |
|Historical Style Current Style||Medium|
- We take a bottom-up approach to individual stock selection.
- We look for companies that possess products with favorable competitive profiles, large market opportunities and strong intellectual property.
- We favor companies with excellent management, strong financial characteristics and attractive valuations.
- Our San Francisco Bay Area location is shared by many leading biotechnology companies, enabling us to easily attend scientific meetings and symposia, and to consult with community and academic physicians.
- Participate in trends moving markets. Invest in innovative sectors—technology, medicine, global communications—we believe are poised for long-term growth.
- Diversification. By adding investments from different sectors to your portfolio, you may take advantage of expanding and contracting economic cycles.
- Experienced management. Same lead portfolio manager since the funds inception in 1997.
What Are the Risks?
- All investments involve risks, including possible loss of principal.
- The fund is a non-diversified fund that concentrates in a single sector, which involves risks such as patent considerations, product liability, government regulatory requirements, and regulatory approval for new drugs and medical products.
- Biotechnology companies often are small and/or relatively new.
- Smaller companies can be particularly sensitive to changes in economic conditions and have less certain growth prospects than larger, more established companies and can be volatile, especially over the short term.
- The fund may also invest in foreign companies, which involve special risks, including currency fluctuations and political uncertainty.
- These and other risks are described more fully in the fund’s prospectus.
Find us at the office
Overmann- Mucha street no. 55, 74667 Papeete, French Polynesia
Give us a ring
+76 987 423 417
Mon - Fri, 8:00-17:00