|Industry||Private equity, private debt, real estate, infrastructure|
|Founded||1996; 25 years ago|
|AUM||US$119 billion (H1 2021)  |
Number of employees
|1,500 (2020) |
Partners Group AG (SIX: PGHN) is a Swiss-based global private equity firm with US$119 billion in assets under management in private equity,  private infrastructure, private real estate and private debt.
The firm manages a broad range of funds, structured products and customized portfolios for an international clientele of institutional investors, private banks and other financial institutions. The firm has completed more than 250 private equity investments in portfolio companies. As of 2018, Partners Group is the third most-valuable publicly-listed private markets firm in the world by market capitalization.
Since 2020 Partners Group is a component of the Swiss Market Index.
Partners Group is a joint stock company under Swiss law, listed on the Swiss Exchange since its 2006 initial public offering (minority floating). Around 45% of the shares are held by all employees and partners. The firms founding partners are Alfred Gantner, Marcel Erni, Urs Wietlisbach and Stefan Degen. As of 2016, according to Forbes annual billionaires list, founders Gantner, Erni, and Wietlisbach are listed as three of the 25 wealthiest private equity managers in the world, each with net worths totaling $1.3 billion.
As of 30 November 2011, Partners Group has been included in the MSCI Switzerland Index after having been included in mid-September in the Swiss Small & Mid Cap Index (SMIM Index) which tracks the 50 biggest listed companies in Switzerland.
As of 18 September 2020 after closing, Partners Group is in the Swiss Market Index, its first trading day as part of the SMI being September 21. The blue-chip SMI is the most prominent stock index in Switzerland, comprising the 20 largest Swiss stocks.
In January 2020, freight rail operating company MidRail accused the private equity firm of soliciting the rail company’s business secrets to compete against it on a deal, in violation of a non-disclosure agreement previously signed and agreed to in 2017. The lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court. According to the lawsuit, the company MidRail was forced to bid $100 million more for acquisition target Patriot Rail as a result of the breach in the confidentiality agreement.
- ^ Partners Groups Meister on how private markets get to $20trn. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- ^ a b c Half Year 2021. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- ^ a b c Partners Group reports CHF 109bn AUM. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- ^ Annual Report 2020 (PDF). Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- ^ Partners Group reports total AuM of USD 94 billion as of 31 December 2019. www.partnersgroup.com. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- ^ One of the Most Valued Private Equity Firms Isnt on Wall Street. BloombergQuint. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- ^ DBJ Offices: Inside the factory-themed Broomfield HQ of Swiss investment firm Partners Group (Video). www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- ^ Partners Group plans IPO on SWX Swiss Exchange Archived 2012-07-23 at archive.today. AltAssets, 2006
- ^  Archived 2012-06-02 at the Wayback Machine. Partners Group website
- ^ Crowe, Portia. The 25 richest people in private equity. Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- ^ Partners Group included in the MSCI Switzerland Index Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Shell takes big stake in Silicon Ranch. Nashville Post. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- ^ Index adjustments on the occasion of the ordinary index review (PDF). SIX Swiss Exchange. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- ^ Partners Group boots Adecco out of the SMI. Citywire Switzerland. Retrieved 2020-07-11.
- ^ Staff, P. E. I. (2021-03-01). PEI Awards 2020: Winners. Private Equity International. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- ^ Partners Group Sued Over Alleged Breach of Non-Disclosure Agreements. Institutional Investor. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- Partners Group (company website)
- Financial Times Profile
- PEI Awards: Carlyle and Partners Group win big. PEI Awards, 2013
- Silver Lake and Partners Group to Buy Global Blue for $1.25 Billion. NY Times, 2012
- Partners Group Holding Closes Partners Group European Mezzanine Debt Program Above its EUR 500 Million Target[dead link]. Reuters, 2010
- Partners Group successfully closes secondary fund at hard cap of EUR 2.5 billion. Bloomberg, 2009
- Partners Group Secondary 2006 closes on €1bn. AltAssets, 2006
- Partners Group opens London office and launches joint HSBC fund of funds. AltAssets, 2005
- Swiss fund of funds Partners Group opens Singapore office and launches Asia fund. AltAssets, 2004
Find us at the office
Overmann- Mucha street no. 55, 74667 Papeete, French Polynesia
Give us a ring
+76 987 423 417
Mon - Fri, 8:00-17:00